Saturday, September 17, 2011

Weird Stuff I Want: #1 Businessman

Sometimes when I’m thrifting I’ll see something that just speaks to me. It’s never anything I need to survive, except that in some strange way, I do. Need it, that is. And, if the thing is only a few dollars, the decision is easier to justify. A part of me worries though that I’m one fine line away from officially being a hoarder, so I hem and haw. Usually, I’ll see something in this category and tell myself: I’ll just carry this businessman trophy around for a while and see if I still want it later. Turns out that yes, I did in fact need that:


If I die buried under a pile of businessman trophies, I’ll know I should’ve put it back.

7 comments:

  1. He's so...so...business-y! Wonder who won him.

    Thanks for stopping over at my blog and commenting.

    Question: I see how to subscribe to your blog via email and google friends, but not a reader (I use Google reader). No way to do an RSS feed except for comments. Am I missing the place to do that (highly possible)? I prefer to use Google reader because I follow a LOT of blogs and it's the easiest way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did this turn into dad's trophy? Or did it serve some other purpose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far this dapper guys only purpose is to look dapper on my shelf. He does need another purpose though...any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! So much more fun than the swimming and gymnastics trophies at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI! Found you on Handmadeology & I am stopping by to show some follow blog love! Hope you can stop by my blog: www.manoymetal.blogspot.com too! I love networking with fellow artists! Have a great day!

    Des.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally would've bought that. I mean, how can you not?

    BTW, found you on Etsy Vintage Team.

    http://sadiebessvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a friend who used this kind of trophy guy for a hood ornament on his car.

    ReplyDelete